While Mel Brooks wasn’t exactly talking about Iron Chef when he said that famous line in “History of the World: Part 1,” it is fitting for this week’s Episodes of the Week. As the time to close Kitchen Stadium came near, Chairman Kaga decided he wanted a final tournament to crown the King of the Iron Chefs.
- Semi-Final 1 – Iron Chef Chen vs. Iron Chef Kobe – Tokyo X Pork
- Semi-Final 2 – Iron Chef Morimoto vs. Iron Chef Sakai – Bell Pepper
- Final – Iron Chef Chen vs. Iron Chef Sakai – Lobster (Homard) — Two of the longest tenured Iron Chefs (and really good friends) meet in the King of Iron Chefs Final.
- Final Kitchen Stadium Battle – The Champion Iron Chef (no spoilers here) vs. Alain Passard – Longgang Chicken — This was the last episode of the original production run of the show. Alain Passard competed in the 1997 World Cup vs. Nakamura. They tied in a Foie Gras battle. (That episode did not air on Food Network.)
You may find all of these episodes for download or viewing in our files database in the Iron Chef Specials category.
- We also have an additional bonus BKS video for this week. We have a clip from the Japanese language broadcast of the announcement of the theme ingredient from Semi-Final #1 (Tokyo X) and Kobe’s mad dash to the podium. Enjoy.