Easter is this weekend, so I thought I’d make it this week’s Episodes of the Week theme. The obvious choice for an Easter theme would be eggs. While egg was the theme ingredient 5 times during the run of the show (203, 310, 417, 519, 709), three of the episodes did not air on Food Network, and the other two are already in our database. Of course, the whole point of these EotW posts is to add new episodes to the database, so let’s change directions slightly. This week’s Episodes of the Week theme is EGGplant.
- Episode 225 – Iron Chef Chen vs. Koichi Tabata (The challenger is the oldest to compete in Kitchen Stadium)
- Episode 330 – Iron Chef Sakai vs. Shinichi Nagamatsu (The challenger runs an exclusive restaurant in the mountains of Nara. He grows his own vegetables and catches his own fish every morning.)
- Episode 531 – Iron Chef Chen vs. Sousei Kawaguchi (Not aired on Food Network)
- Episode 622 – Iron Chef Kobe vs. Yasuhiro Sasajima
New this week in the video database: Eggplant (225), Eggplant (330)
- And as an Easter bonus, we add a new video to BKS. This addition to Beyond Kitchen Stadium shows Iron Chef Michiba announcing the theme ingredient for a battle between Nakamura and Morimoto. (This episode did not air on Food Network.) The theme ingredient is tamago (egg). For some reason, Chairman Kaga thinks this announcement is funny. This short clip is in Japanese with no subtitles.
These episodes (225, 330, 622, BKS-tamago) may be found by searching our video database.